10. Surround yourself with like minded individuals, and have a common goal.
(Like 1st Place at State!)
09. Sometimes, it is better to play things by ear.
(Especially important if your out of tune or out of touch)
08. Your tone and support can be the difference between hitting the note or coming up flat.
(Take a deep breath and blow)
07. It is possible to get from the 20 yard line to the 50 yard line in 24 counts, it just take bigger steps.
(4 to 5 , or just double time 8 to 5)
06. Don’t beat yourself up over past mistakes, learn from them and fix them.
(Left foot first…)
05. Take criticism constructively.
(Even when the judge doesn’t present it as such.)
04. Be aware of your surroundings, and agile enough to dodge obstacles.
(You never know when a rouge guard member is twirling your way.)
03. Practice, practice, practice
(Then practice some more.)
02. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from those dedicated to the same goal you are.
(because other’s success may rely on your success)
01. Always give it your all, with no excuses.
(There are no go-backs or re-dos.)